Monday, March 2, 2009

I sat in the hotel lounge and nervously looked at my watch. It was half past three, and my friends should have arrived at two O'clock; this means that he is one and half hour late. Because he is a very punctual person, I was afraid that something bad had happened to him. I was worried also because I was going to be interviewed by the chief executive of the company where I had applied for a job. Finally my telephone rang; it was my friend's number, I answered quickly, his voice was bumbling and he said that he had had an accident and asked me to take a taxi because he was at the police station.
The reception ordered me a taxi, but it took about twenty minutes to arrive at the hotel. When I got into the taxi I asked him to increase his speed but he refused because if he had done so, he would have gotten a fine. I started sweating because I was going to lose my new job. when I arrived at the company I found that the executive manager couldn't come because he had had an accident. In fact he was the one who my friend had the accident with.

No comments:

Post a Comment